Monday, November 25, 2013

Polka Dotted Pumpkins

Fall is here and I finally made some pumpkin cookies. Phew...now I can relax LOL. Have you heard of this pretty awesome site called Design Seeds? It is a wonderful site if you are looking for a great way to inspire your color palette. You cannot go wrong with this site. I wanted to try something different from my usual bright and vibrate colors I love to decorate with. So I picked a beautiful autumn color palette and went from there. This is the one I chose...
 I used this color palette to inspire these pumpkins.
After flooding all the colors and they were dry I added some fun polka dots. I added these by dipping a toothpick in some gold luster dust along with various shades of AmeriMist sheen colors.
Then I used some ivory food coloring mixed with some water and added some shading to give it some dimension. Fun FUN!!!
Thanks for stopping by ♥ 
Wishing everyone a Happy Thanksgiving! XOXO

5 comments:

  1. Andrea.........those dots do not look like they were added with a toothpick! Just a real cool effect...so shimmery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are gorgeous. You are so creative!

    ReplyDelete